Corsair Community

Bad memory stick.

Zarius

Hey Ramguy.

I recently built up a new machine last week and I'm having an issue with one of the memory sticks. It would seem one of the pair is faulty but the other is fine.

Memory: TWIN2X2048-6400C

My BIOS is configured to run at timings of 4-4-4-12 at 2.1V running at 800. I've had a few sporadic issues, so I pulled out some testing tools to try and diagnose.

For testing purposes I used Memtest86+ 1.70 and Orthos. After recieving various math failures in Orthos I tested in Memtest and the problem always appears on Test #7. After these failures I did the usual and tested individual chips and alternate slots etc. I individually tested both sticks in bank one, and a second time in bank 3 to be sure. One stick works fine in both banks and no errors are detected by either Orthos or Memtest86, however after removing the first stick and replacing with the second stick I get a failed test number 7 in memtest86+ everytime regardless of the bank I use, so it definately appears the issue is with one module.

RMA time, or you have any alternate suggestions? (although it seems pretty apparant that the one module is faulty)

Thanks in advance,

Zarius.

Archived