Corsair Community

Striker Extreme and Dominator QUAD2X4096-8500C5D

DeathWalking

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults and try these settings.

Sli ready: Disabled(This setting has nothing to do with your graphics configuration)

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

1.2V HT: 1.25v

NB Core Voltage: 1.5v

SB Core Voltage: 1.55v

CPU VTT Voltage: 1.25v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

I have the latest BIOS, I triple checked that I set everything per your post, and I have already checked the modules one by one, and they all give me errors at these settings. I notice that I'm only volting it at 2.0, but the spec sheet (http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/QUAD2X4096-8500C5DF.pdf) says 2.2v. Important? Also, I'm only running at SPD, 800 mhz, instead of EPP, 1066. Important?

• Corsair Employees

Yes sorry I missed the Memory Voltage when I posted that. And as I stated on another post getting errors with all of the modules would suggest some other problem, can you test the modules one at a time in another system?

Also this MB BIOS Might need to mature a bit more and I just checked the ASUS CPU Support list and this MB is not listed as supporting this CPU with any Bios version.

I've been screwing around with it, after calling, e-mailing, and cross-refrencing different things, and whats been giving me a stable system is defaults, except SLI-Ready Memory set to CPU OC-0%, and legacy USB disabled (just because I'm memtesting)

Okay, did some hunting around, found someone with the same setup as me, settings are as follows:

Bios: 1002

CPU: QX6700

RAM Manufacturer: Corsair Dominator 8500C5D

RAM Amount Installed: 4 x 1GB

-- FSB & Timings--

Operation Mode: Linked

Ratio: 1:1

CPU FSB: 1066

CPU Multi: 12

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

CMD: 2T

tRC: 25

SLI-Ready Memory: Disabled

-- Voltages --

vCore: 1.350000V

Memory: 2.200V

1.2v HT: 1.35V

NB Core: 1.35V

All other settings on Auto.

I'm trying those settings out with my setup, though I'm running BIOS 1102, instead of 1002...hopefully it won't make a difference.

Archived