Corsair Community

RMA Status Page -- Why remove it?

I generally purchase Corsair memory for myself and my company and clients. Over the years companies have become much more transparent about their processes. I find it disturbing and maybe a bit telling that Corsair has chosen to move away from that standard by removing their RMA status pages. With all the problems that I see here and the ones that I am experiencing with my own RMA I am beginning to think that Corsair might be having problems in their processes that they are trying to hide from their customers. The problem is, as anyone reading this forum can see, the customers are still very much aware of problems. Just a thought from one of your customers, to make our lives easier and to make yours less hectic, make it easy to get the information we need, (ie, RMA status to our beloved products).

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we never had a RMA status web page that I know of. However, we will have an online status for checking RMA's soon, but first we will implement a auto notification of status by email with in the next few weeks.

It has been awhile since I needed to return memory to you, however, I am pretty certain that the last time I did, you had a page where I could enter my RMA number and it would tell me what the current information was on my RMA. It has been over a year, so I could be mistaken.

If not, sorry for the confusion. However, I have had to deal with Asus, Antec, and others in the last few months on other parts and they all had similar options. An e-mail update would be just fine, but again, how do you handle the times when it doesn't work. For instance I had to call several times about my current RMA just to find out that you are out of stock on the item currently. It would have been more cost effective to have a method for me to get this information in a demand fashion rather than a push method.

• Corsair Employees

cattlebaron,

I agree with you, and we have just changed to a new accounting system that will allow for many of these types of notifications and they are in the works.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but we will be up to speed shortly. Until them just please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and they will take care of you.

Archived