Corsair Community

2 x Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL, will the 4 sticks run in dual mode, etc...?

waynesim

Currently I have 1gb TWINX1024-3200LL matched pair (2x512) of ram. If I put in another 1gb of the same ram, will it still run in dual ram mode over the 4 sticks? What timings can I expect. Mobo - Asus P4P800 (Intel 865 chipset) Has anyone tested 2 x Corsair TWINX1024-3200LL matched pairs? The reason I need to know is if I buy another gig of the same ram (and it's not cheap). I then dont want to find out that the timings are something like 3-4-4-8 and it no longer works in dual channel over the 4 sticks. I know this ram will work. I just want to know how well. If it works poorly. I would have to sell the 2gigs of ram! Then buy another 2 gigs of different ram. This would be VERY expensive to do, not to mention very inconveint. Ram is basically more important than CPU speed in this system. It is used for high end audio apps. Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees
Thank you Disappointed, and you are correct. waynesim I would not suggest 4 modules as you may have to relax the timings. You are welcome to try it and I would suggest Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts. However, we only guarantee out Twinx sets at the rated speed with one set. There is more loading on the chipset with more modules and some may not run as well with a full load.

Archived