Corsair Community

Asus A7V600 Memory

trouard

Hi Guys, I just bought 1 stick of Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 for my Asus A7V600and I have it working fine at Cas 2 3 3 6. I also have an AMD 3200XP+ Barton and I was wondering if I bought another stick of the same memory and put it in memory slot 2or 3, do you think it would work and work as dual channel? Is it really worth the extra money to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. RAMGuy if you are around, please help. Thanks....

Ralph

Hi Guys, I just bought 1 stick of Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 for my Asus A7V600and I have it working fine at Cas 2 3 3 6. I also have an AMD 3200XP+ Barton and I was wondering if I bought another stick of the same memory and put it in memory slot 2or 3, do you think it would work and work as dual channel? Is it really worth the extra money to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. RAMGuy if you are around, please help. Thanks....

Ralph

Sorry, but the A7V600's memory controller is single-channel only. Furthermore, the Socket A Athlon XP processors don't take any advantage of memory bandwidth that's higher than the processor's FSB bandwidth (in the case of your Athlon XP 3200+/400, single-channel PC3200 DDR memory would give you exactly the same amount of maximum theoretical bandwidth as the maximum theoretical bandwidth of your processor's FSB).

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful. Can you tell me if I was to add another Gb of memory do you think I would benefit in speed and spunkiness as much as I did when I just went from 512Mb to 1 Gb? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Ralph

Asus A7V600

AMD 3200XP+ Barton

1 Gb CMX1024-3200C2

ATI 9600XT with 128Mb Ram 8x AGP

WD 36Gb 10,000 RPM Serial ATA Drive

No, you must have mistaken what I said. On my Asus A7V600 I replaced a Corsair CMX512-2700LL with a 1 Gb stick of CMX1024-3200C2 and it is running fine and has made my computer a good bit speedier with my programs and the internet. What I wanted to know was, would it be ok to add 1 more 1Gb stick of CMX1024-3200C2 and that would give me only two sticks and 2Gb of memory and in your opinion, do you think it would give my computer a little more spunkiness like when I replaced my 512Mb stick? I will only have two sticks of identical memory if I were to purchase another of the exact memory. I hope I was able to enlighten you to what I was trying to get across. Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks RamGuy!!!

Ralph

Do you think it will make more difference with 2Gb of memory and if so, what kind of difference do you think I can reasonably expect to get by adding another Gb of RAM with Windows XP? Thanks in advance.

Ralph

Archived