Corsair Community

Acer 1690WLMI & Corsair PC2-5300 Compatible?

winmazing

I have an Acer Laptop 1690WLMI that currently uses 2x256 PC2-4300 DDR2 Memory

Will the ram here be compatible with my laptop?

The ram's part number is VS1GSDS667D2 by the way.

I also checked the corsair Memory Configurator site and I came up with this >> http://www.corsairmemory.com/configurator/system_results.aspx?id=54171#other_modules

It says that CMSS1GB-533SOD Module Ram will work, but PC5300 ram is on sale locally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

You should be using VS1GSDS533D2 with that system.

What are the limitations to the type of ram my system can handle? Right now it's using PC4300, but the Corsair site says to use PC4200. Do both of these types run at the same speeds? TIA

Please look up your system on our memory configurator and only use memory that is suggested for your system.

You are welcome to try anything you like but there are just too many possible issues for me to try and Guess them all for you. Sorry!

Thanks for the help, Ram Guy. What do you think would happen if I tried to use a pair of Corsair PC2-5300 Ram (VS1GSDS667D2)? Thanks

Acer is a pretty good about that kind of thing, so its 50/50 chance it will work. But officially I am sorry I can only suggest the part that is spec'ed for any specific system.

From my understanding, if I install PC2-5300 on my laptop, it would just run at lower PC2-4200 speeds? What are the major risks if i tried this? Thanks

Archived