Corsair Community

Faulty Stick of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 -- Time for warranty options?

I recently purchased a set of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 sticks and it seems one of them is faulty. I'm currently running at DDR2-800 with manually configured timings of 4-4-4-12-2T at 2.1V. My P5K Deluxe is running the latest BIOS release, 0311. My CMPSU-520HX seems to be powering my other components sufficiently, though I haven't done extensive testing on it. RAM testing was as follows:

- Memtest86+ v1.70 generates errors almost immediately when using both sticks

- Memtest running with one stick at a time yields 900+ errors over 10 hours (~40 testing cycles) with one stick, 0 errors over the same amount of time with the other

- SP2004 Orthos Edition fails almost immediately only when the "bad" stick is installed

- Games like Battlefield 2142 fail MD5 consistency checks during installation only when the "bad" stick is installed

RAM GUY, have I missed anything or is it safe to pay TS Xpress a visit?

I submitted my RMA request form last weekend and still haven't heard anything back. It's possible that a spam filter ate it but somewhat unlikely.

Would it be possible to check to see if any attempts have been made to contact me? If so, please send the e-mail(s) again; if not, how long should I wait?

Archived