Corsair Community

PC2700 problems

mobius

Hi, I just recently bought a double pack of PC2700 DDR 333MHz 512MB ram. I have a Soyo KT400 Ultra Platinum mother board. For some reason only 1 stick will work at a time. I switched them around and everything and only 1stick will work. With both sticks installed the pc will start up and the windows loading screen pops up, but then it just stays there and wont load. Have any suggestions? My mother board should support up to 3.5 gigs of ram and 266-333 MHz ram.

• Corsair Employees
If both memory modules will work on there own, there may be another hardware issue involved. I would suggest putting both memory modules in and testing with Memtest86 ([url]www.memtest.org[/url]). This will allow you to test the memory modules outside of the OS. If you get any errors after running that program please let me know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
Lets get those memory modules replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

Archived