Corsair Community

Total power consumed by my computer.

Roca_05

Hi, I just got the Corsair's 520W psu and just installed it into my computer. And it is running fine, however I would like to know what is the total power being used by my computer as of right now to see if I can add more stuff to it. Is there a way to know this? Is there a program I can download from the internet to do this? thanks!

Ok, I used the PSU calculator that you recomended. However I have no idea what Capacitor aging means if I leave this at 10% my recommended psu wattage is at 377w however if I put it at 50% my recommended psu wattage is at 514w. Could someone tell me what this capacitor is? and how should I know how fast it ages?

EDIT-BTW I indend to keep this psu on my computer for over 3 years if I can.

At the bottom of the calculator page in the footnotes you'll see:

"4 - Electrolytic capacitor aging. When used heavily or over an extended period of time (1+ years) a power supply will slowly lose some of its initial wattage capacity. We recommend you add 10-20% if you plan to keep your PSU for more than 1 year, or 20-30% for 24/7 usage and 1+ years."

So for example, on the system I bought the HX520W for (in my PC specs) I got a total wattage estimate of 339W - that's with 25% added for aging and overclocked. I run this one 24/7.

Archived