Corsair Community

Ram Guy - Can Fremont residence just come by?

Jtown

Hey bud,

I bought some Twin2x2048-5400C4 couple months ago for a brand new system i built for a recording studio and its been acting strange. Initially, it was having errors upacking things and installing software right out of the box.. Finally got that to stop putting the voltage at 1.9, which was set to auto on my motherboard (not sure what it was putting it at, but it wasnt working right) - Had a hard time finding out what the voltage was for the Memeory or even knowing that was the problem.. You guys should put little cards in your packages that give you the correct timings for your module.. Anyway, this was my first experience with memory timings. Havent built a system in a few years.. So bare with me.

After that i still had a few problems here and there and then finally got that resolved when i found some random tidbit of info from you somewhere on the forums about setting 5400 to 2T, mine was set to auto in the motherboard..

All was working, or so it seems until this last week or so. It started acting up again crashing my audio program with memory errors. i ran a memtest today and im getting errors at 4-4-4-12 2T 667Mhz @ 1.9v Everything else is set to auto because i have NO idea what they do. No Overclocking on memory, or CPU. Trying to run a stable Audio computer for a Studio that playsback 40-60 Tracls at a time. So my memory is crucial.. Ive been running it for about 32 minutes here and i have 20 errors. It seems to crash my audio when i get about 300-500mb usage in task manager. Needless to say its not making for a good audio computer in this state.

Im guess im making a long story short..Sorry, I'm getting errors on my memory when i run memtest and its less then 4 months old.. I bought it at Frys in Sunnyvale. And im wondering if i can just come down to your office in Fremont since i live in the area here and get them replaced instead of going through the hassle of sending them in and all that jazz.

Thanks,

Let me know

J

Thanks for responding so quickly ram guy. I appreciate that, and i will fill out the form right now. I will also report back and let you know how i worked out after everything is settled.

Thanks again..

Hey Ram guy,

Its been 24 hours and no one has sent me anything regarding my RMA. I normally wouldnt be in such a hurry for them to respond, but i have session this weekend and i was hoping to drive down today and do the replacement so i would be good to go. Not sure if your open on the weekends, probably not..

Should i assume that its probably not going to happen today or tomorrow? If so, then i can make arrangements to buy another pair at frys today and take them back when im finally approved to stop by.

Sorry for trying to rush. But i didnt realize my memory was the culprite until a couple days ago.. Otherwise i would have done this sooner knowing i had something important that it depended on.

Thanks again Ram Guy

Hey, its not your fault.. its friday, kinda late in the day.. And i was optimistic.. :D:

Not mad at all, i just have to to have a solid system this weekend because its a paying session. If it was my stuff.. id just deal with memory crashes until monday... :sunglasse

You guys do a good thing here. So thanks for that.

Ahh man... I guess i should have waited around for your response.. As soon as i posted that i took off to frys and didnt back until just now..

Your probably gone by now, i assume.. If not... do i ask for "Ram Guy" :D: I appreciate you going out of your way and offering that option as well.

Too late too call now?

Called today to confirm the will call pickup and was told it was shipped and now i cant come pick it up because the part was shipped out.. :eek:

Do they normally ship stuff out before they recieve the defective product??

Ok, i got my new ram from UPS today.. Dropped it in and booted up first try. Next I loaded the 47 track project that's been giving me problems when i tried to load it or even make changes on it. Loaded up first time and played straight through and closed without any errors.. THANK YOU!!!! :D: That was starting to scare me...

I didn't do a super extensive test on it, but i can tell already that this ram is working properly. So thanks for the help Ram Guy and i guess I'm gonna drive down today and drop these bad ones off to you guys.

I'll let you know if any weirdness pops up again, but it looks like I'm good to go. :D

• Corsair Employees
OK yea the system is kind of automated and the modules once they get into shipping will normally just get shipped. They must have not changed it properly in the sales order. Any way you can just ship the others back in the mail if you like rater than fighting traffic.

Ahh, i see. Well, it all worked out, so thats cool. :sunglasse I got to roll down that way anyway and return this other ram i used temporarily to get me through saturday. I'm gonna drop by tomorrow and do that.

Thanks again for your help and support. You guys rock. Im a customer for life. :):

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that my replacement RAM is working wonderfully. Ive worked for over 10 hours on this new ram and haven't had one crash, or hiccup or anything for that matter. I have my ram to set to 4-4-4-12 2T and 1.9 on the RAM voltage and its been kicking *** ever since i installed it!

I also dropped of my old sticks, as i had mentioned i would. So you can close this ticket or RMA if it hasn't been already.

Thanks again for the wonderful customer support. That's hard to find in this day an age. Its good to know that there's still some good companies left, like yourselves!

Cheers!

Justin

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your help. My ram has been working great ever since i picked up a replacement from you guys over 3 months ago. :sunglasse

Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking your customers seriously! You guys rock! :cool:

-J

Archived