Corsair Community

Asus M2A-VM - Corsair Part # NOT Found

NetWiz

I'm an AMD Solution Provider and I've just purchased an Asus M2A-VM motherboard. This is one of the very few MB's with the new AMD 690G and SB600 chipsets, which are necessary to support AMD's new "LIVE" technology. I intend to use it with an AMD Athlon 64 dual-core 4400+, Rev.G, 65nm processor.

In the user manual, it specifies the compatible Corsair part number: CM2X1024-6400C4. When I search for this part in your configurator, it does NOT show up!!!

This particular motherboard doesn't show up either in the configurator, probably because it's so new...

What does the RAM Guy recommend?

Just a couple of concerns before I order:

I assume that you GUARANTEE that either of these parts will work. In the unlikely event that one doesn't, what are my options? Can I exchange the offending matched set for another directly through Corsair?

Is the TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Series an option as well (or would you recommend against it)?

I'm building an HTPC (Home Theatre PC), so cooling is a top concern. I don't believe that this MB allows much in the way of overclocking capability, so I guess I'll be stuck with the JEDEC defaults. I'm not to excited about the 5-5-5-18 timings.

• Corsair Employees
I assume that you GUARANTEE that either of these parts will work. In the unlikely event that one doesn't, what are my options? Can I exchange the offending matched set for another directly through Corsair.

A: Yes under normal RMA we will replace them for the same part# that you send in.

Is the TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Series an option as well (or would you recommend against it)?

A: As long as you have the option to set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts that MB should suggest these modules as well.

Archived