Corsair Community

Voyager GT 8GB not recognized in Windows XP

vector12

Hi all,

My new Voyager GT 8GB is not being recognized in Win XP Pro SP2. I've upgraded to latest motherboard BIOS (Asus P5W DH) and Intel chipset drivers but that didn't help. The Voyager GT works fine on 3 other computers I've tested it with. Also, my older Voyager 2GB works fine on all computers including the one failing to recognize the GT. Any ideas on how to get this new flash working?

Thanks,

Frank

• Corsair Employees
There is something missing, Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays!

• 7 months later...

Have you tried the following:

Go into Control Panel

Double click "Administrative Tools"

Double click "Computer Management"

Select Disk Management from the left hand column

In the right hand column, right click the Corsair drive and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths"

Click the change button and select a middle of the range letter such as N and click OK.

Click OK again, close the computer management window and check to see if the drive shows up in "My Computer"

I have had this on a number of computers and its caused by more than one device trying to use the same drive letter.

May or may not help,

Gareth.

Archived