Corsair Community

Gigabyte P965 DS3 won't work with Corsair RAM?

lucyhayashi

I got a Gigabyte P965 DS3 (Ver. 1.3) and Corsair CM2X1024-6400 in about 1.5

months ago.. It worked fine in the beginning, however, after around 2 wks.. my computer died..

I changed every hardware (like DVD burner..) I could except RAM already.. I even ask replacement for MB from where I bought it...But still... it works weird..

I have reformat millions of times in the past 4 days... every single time when I install XP, something would go wrong...

After millions of tries, I finally can install XP to my comp.. but now.. the whole system is so unstable...

IE would get error messages... Microsoft can't be updating, worst thing is that my computer would reboot unexpectally...

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?? like.. what should I change in BIOS??

Thanks..

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts For that MB) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts For that MB) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I tried to update BIOS, and set to optimized defaults, dim voltage to +.2 volts, and run Memtest program.. I got a result of more than 800 errors in these two ram..

Does this mean I have a bad RAM??

Alright,

I am sure I got at least one bad ram..

I leave the memtest program running for a whole night with one ram, and this morning, I saw the result with "half red screen" and the error is more than500,000 ...

I am still testing the other one I got, but so far, it doesn't have any error show up yet..

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

I already submitted a RMA request two days ago..

But I still have not receive a RMA # yet....

I did put my forum ID in the request.. :[pouts:

Is there anyway I can check with RMA dept to see if they have issue me a RMA number?

Archived