Corsair Community

4x 1GB EVGA 680i

bradyb00

Hello There chaps.

I am currently running 4x 1GB Cosair Dominator memory modules at 4-4-4-12 Timings and 2.0V

Vista 64bit Ultimate.

Although boot-up is fine, and Windows itself seems stable (also no memory errors in memtest or vista memory check tool), I am getting the odd annoying BSOD.

The error code is 0X0000003B System_Service_Exception.

I've tried everything I can think of from drivers, to swopping around components.

I was never overly happy with the ram Timings I have (as I had to undervolt to get stability). Could someone confirm if these modules are capable of 800mhz 5-4-4-15 @1.9volts? or of a stable 1.9V timing for 800mhz?

Was thinking that if 2.0V was the highest stable voltage I could get maybe dropping it another few notches would increase stability (and sacrifice some timings).

Any help appreciatted.

• Corsair Employees

If you have our XM2S-6400C4D modules please try these.

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

If you have our XM2S-6400C4D modules please try these.

SLi ready: Disabled

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

NForce SPP Voltage: 1.5v

CPU FSB Voltage 1.4

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2

TRC: 24

Thanks for this RamGuy, but as soon as I go over 2.0V (even to 2.025V) Orthos returns memory errors, I have the odd boot error and the BSOD's increase, alot.

I think this is a motherboard thang with 4 sticks, though not 100% sure.

Could this be because of the SPP voltage as you've suggested?

Last night I set 5-5-5-18 1.9V (JEDEC standard), and had no issues, though these timings really suck for such expensive ram (£300 worth:bigeyes:).

The modules are XMS2-6400C4D.

• Corsair Employees
Try the Above settings but set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts and if you can I would suggest testing the modules in another system, as what you have posted would suggest a power problem.

Ok, so I went with a combination or your settings, plus my own knowledge/ experience with my components (remembering they're all different:biggrin:), and if I had to increase voltage anyway I might aswell make use of it and increase the clocks.

FSB 1.4V

CPU Core 1.32V

SPP 1.4V (1.5V runs a tad too hot when cpu is watercooled with my nautilus)

RAM 1.9V

Timings 5-5-5-15 (TRC 21)

Speeds;

CPU 2997Mhz

FSB 1333mhz

Linked 3:2 ram speed 889MHZ

System seems perfectly stable. No bsod for two days so far.

Only one last question, is a sisoft 2007 score of 6499MB/s any good for 4GB?

I did try 2.1V and again as soon as I upped the ram voltage I had major stability problems. I did try swopping power supplies to no avail.

Archived