Corsair Community

Voyager 16gb vista wpd code 10 problem

ThomasDK

Hi.

I just bought a voyager flash 16gb stick and plugged it in to my pc. First time it showed up fine, however after having plugged in a couple of usb-connected harddrives, I haven't seen the voyager since, even with the other usb units unplugged :(:

The safe-removal shows the unit being there, but it's no where to be found in my explorer. I can also see it in the device manager, but also in the device manager, it shows there's a problem with the Wpd filesystem volume driver (code 10, software not starting up).

Since voyager works perfectly on my gf's laptop, it's safe to say that the drive is working fine, but I need to use it solely on my vista (ultimate) pc.

Having read, read and then read some more of all the great toppics in here, all I have been able to come across, is an advice to manually point the driver path towards windows/system32/drivers, which doesn't help any. Windows still comes back and tells me, that the drivers are all updated.. :mad:

So, in case I missed something in here: Is there any driver or some kind of trick, that will make this rubber-thingie work on my pc? Waiting for ms to launch an update which fixes the problem, will take months. Of course I could call them, but since it's weekend I thought I might try finding my answers here in the meantime.

ThomasDK

• Corsair Employees
You might need to run Disk manager and check the drive letter assigned; chances are one of your USB HDD's is using the same drive letter as the FV and preventing it from being displayed.

Damn, you're good, if not brilliant! :biggrin:

I didn't think you would be able to find a solution to my problem, from my few informations & yet you got it perfect in first try.

Thank you soooo much, now I can access my voyager without any problems.

ThomasDK

Archived