Corsair Community

Corsair Survivor 4GB, Bad writing speed

Chief O Hara

My new Corsair Survivor with 4GB has a good reading speed. The writing speed however is extremely bad. Please tell me how to fix this. I already tried the stick with different Computers. Do I have to return the drive?

http://www.hilze.de/corsair.png

Even Vista tells me, that my Corsair Survivor stick is too slow for ReadyBoost... :(:

Today I just tested an other highspeed USB stick from Buffalo. It performed very well with a reading speed at ~32MB/s and a writing speed at ~26MB/s. The Buffalo Stick is about 30% cheaper, too.:bigeyes:

Should I RMA my Corsair stick?

The 4GB Flash Survivor will not work for Ready Boost. It is based on MLC NAND flash and does not have the performance required. The 8GB Flash Survivor GT is based on SLC NAND flash and has the required bandwidth for Ready Boost. Only Corsair's GT series of flash drives and the TurboFlash drives will work with Ready Boost.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance that a 4GB Survivor GT model will be made? Flash changes so quickly, I have no desire or need to drop $130 on one. However I have been looking for something fast, water resistant/proof, with a solid keychain hole and this fits the bill perfectly!

The problem with the Voyager series is the loose cap and the rubber keychain hole that will eventually break. I had a similar Super Talent Fireball design that worked O-K, but the cap fell off in my pocket, disappeared in the wash and the rubber keychain hole was (no surprise) starting to break.

Only negative I see about the Survivor is the look (kind of hokey font and beveled aluminum - solid cylinder would have been cool), but utility far outweighs the looks, especially since it is detachable! If only the price could come down or the speed up...

Archived