Corsair Community

Memory Problems with MSI KT8 Neo

jpark31

I changed motherboards and CPU's today to find that my system wont boot...I don't think it is the CPU and the motherboard has power...I know my RAM is good because it works in another system...The symptoms are similar to the problems I had when I first went to an NForce2 system...the system powers up but the screen stays blank and I can't even get to BIOS...I have tried all the memory slots also...I forgot to put in my sig I am running an Antec TruePower 550 if that makes a difference....The problem memory is TwinX CMX256A-3200LLPT...

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but you will need to use other memory if you have it and then update the bios to 1.24B or newer as that will update the CPU microcode and most likely solve this issue. You may want to check with MSI's web site to see if they have a newer version.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I am sorry but you will need to use other memory if you have it and then update the bios to 1.24B or newer as that will update the CPU microcode and most likely solve this issue. You may want to check with MSI's web site to see if they have a newer version.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I ordered some Crucial memory today because it is supposed to work with the motherboard...The only other memory I had (Buffalo w/ Winbond CH-5 chips) didn't work either...Thanks for the bios, I will use that as soon as I can get this thing to get to the bios screen...

• Corsair Employee
You might try and clear the bios and see if it will let you post the system. But this bios is actually to support the CPU not the memory. However most have been able to use PC-2100 memory to get the system to post and then update the bios. Or you can contact the MB maker and see if they can help you get a new bios chip.

Archived