Corsair Community

ASUS A7N8X-E DLX2.0 and 2 CMX512-3200C2PT stability issues

krist0v

Dear mem experts (:D:)

In order to upgrade an "old" PC of mine (based on a non O/Ced A7N8X-E DLX2.0 bios v1011 + ATHLON XP2500+), I bought 2 DIMMs of CMX512-3200C2PT (TWINX were not available at the time of my purchase) and installed them on my mobo, but since I've been thru a lot of stability issues (BSODs, memory errors raised by WIN2K pro) and wonder why ...

So I read many posts regarding best timings and BIOS settings, but I'm still not sure what happens ... After a couple of tests (memtests ok, single DIMM ok, different slots etc), the only way for me to achieve - at least for now - a correct situation is to set memory voltage to 2.8V

What do you think of this value ? Could it be too high, causing potential dammages ?

Current BIOS settings are :

- CPU ex freq : 166Mhz

- MEM freq set to the same value (166)

- timings are thoses recommended by CORSAIR (2.5-3-3-6)

- voltage : 2.8V

Thanks for your assistance

Rgds

Chris

PS : I wish I had known this forum before buying, but now it is too late :(

Those settings will be fine just install the modules in slots 2-3 and then load setup default and then set the timings and Voltage manually and you should be good to go.

Thanks for replying ... Do you think I should ask the store I got them from for a replacement (for TWINX banks), to avoid potential stability issues in the future ? I bought them one week ago, warranty may still be running for these products !

So, 2.8V is not harmful for the DIMMs (installed in slot 2+3 as recommended) ?

Another question : if the seller does not want to change with a TWINX set, may I ask for a RMA at CORSAIR ? I do not whether this kind of "transaction" is covered ...

Thanks

Chris

• Corsair Employees
You can ask them, but normally with memory once you buy you own it. And RMA's are normally replaced with the same part # that you send in, but you can ask them. However, as long as both modules are the same part# and revision there should not be any problems. And I would suggest getting the latest bios for that MB 1013.

Archived