Corsair Community

Missing Rebate postmark date due to RMA'd memory

Hey all,

First time poster, long time Corsair user, but this is the first time I've been in a situation that I'm not sure of so I thought I would come here for some guidance.

I bought this memory package from Newegg.

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

It has a $50 rebate which made the chips even more attractive. The problem is one of them died on me after 3 days. I contacted Newegg and they gave me an RMA number and I sent them back today. I've had the chips for about a week now (waiting on other parts to get in) and now that I'm having to send them back, wait on their journey to neweggs rma dept in CA, they do their thing, send them back, wait on their journey to AR.. I'm kind of worried that that is going to eat past the "must be postmarked within 21 days of purchase date".

Can someone advise me on what I should do or how this can be handled where I can still take advantage of the rebate? Newegg says that this is a Corsair question and that I have to return the package as it was shipped (meaning no cutting out UPC barcodes) so I'm kinda stuck I guess. Maybe I should have RMA'd the RAM direct to you?

Thanks in advance,

James

Archived