Corsair Community

Double Trouble

Morgenstern

I have the same issue with CM2X1024C4. In got 4 total sticks (2 sets) and when there is one stick it seems to work ok, but with anymore there is a problem. So I RMAed two sticks a couple months ago. Problem remained and got worse so I RMAed the mobo (eVGA 680i) and then a second time. Now I am on mobo 3 and the problems persist. I finally got around to doing a ram test before this mobo was toast and sure enough I got like 10 errors in 3 minutes or less. That was with all 4 sticks though so I will try and do it with only one stick in at a time next. One other issue is when I was checking all this I used a program that told me what kind of ram I have in my computer and sure enough those two stick I got back are not CM2X1024C4 like I sent in but CM2X512C4. Now that is distressing. I got back two sticks that may be bad and they where half the size of what I sent in. I could have saved a lot of money buying it that way but I didn't. I sent a couple messages to Corsair about this but have heard nothing back yet. What is one to do? Oh yea and how the heck do I post a new message all my own?

• Corsair Employees

I split your post off on its own and to start a new thread at the top of the section you want to post there is a Hot button that says New Thread.

To make sure you dont have a failing module please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with 4 modules you may need to set the memory frequency at DDR667 at 2.1 Volts and just let the MB set the timings automatically.

Archived