Corsair Community

RMA-Faulty TWINX2048-3200C2PT

I have had the above ram for a little over a year and just began to get Blue Screens of Death such as:

Register Error

Page Fault in Non Page Area

Memory Manager

These are just a few of the BSOD I have received. After some research and various tests I began to think the RAM was the culprit. I removed the RAM and replaced it with my older Corsair Value Select RAM 2-512 modules and everything immediately worked fine. After using my pc with this ram for quite some time I decided to put the TWINX2048-3200C2PT back in and see what would happen. I immediately began to get the same BSOD. I then put the Value Select back in and again the problems went away. I even tried default BIOS memory timings as well as the specifed memory timings with the TWINX2048-3200C2PT but to no avail. In fact even at conservative stable settings the ram continues to fail.

I am posting this thread with the hope of getting this ram warrantied and replaced.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the tested settings (Cas 2.6-3-3-6) with the modules in slots 2-3 test the module/modules again and if you get errors please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Ok RAM Guy,

Thanks for your help.

I've done as you have asked and have discoverd through memory test that only one of the two modules appears to be faulty. So I need an RMA for the memory. I thought I read somewhere that if one of the two were bad I still needed to send them both to you since they are a TWINX pack, both sold and matched together to begin with. Should I mark or label the one that is bad? If only one is replaced it would essentially not be a TWINX set anymore. I would like both sticks to be a matching memory set again. Where do we proceed from here?

Archived