Corsair Community

TwinXMS2 and Asus P5N-E SLI

Sploink

Hi there.

I am new to the site and have a few questions. I am one of the lucky ones with the ram issues concerning the above mentioned motherboard.

I've been looking at some of the other threads concerning this, but for some reason everyone uses 4GB (2x2GB). I only use 2x1GB sticks. What adjustments should i make in the BIOS? Since it will be my first time doing anything in BIOS please be as specific as you can, thank you.

Details of my new system:

Asus P5N-E SLI (Bios 4.01)

Intel E6600 @ 2.4

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2x2048-6400C4 G (according to the sticker on the package, but its 2x1GB sticks.). Currently they are place in Dimm A1 and A2 since thats the only place the system runs stable. Tried the two yellow slots, but the system won't even get to windows... :[pouts:

Inno3D GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

Windows Vista Home Premium (DK=Denmark) 64bit

Corsair HX520W

Seagate Barracuda SATAII 320GB

any help will be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived