Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-5400c4 and P5LD2 w/ E6420

Aznguyphan

So I think this memory and this mb aren't recommended for each other.

Is it because there's no way to manually set the clocks to 4-4-4-12 on the memory with this MB?

If their isnt a way, should i just push an overclock as far as it'll go at 5-5-5-15 in order to get optimal preformance?

Well first here are some screenshots of Cpu-Z

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/91/systeminfoth7.png

Now the problem I'm having is the memory runs at 333mhz at 5-5-5-15, which everyone says it loads up by default and in order for it to run at the 4-4-4-12 it's suppose to run, you have to do it manually in the bios. Well problem is that my bios doesn't allow me to change it. Is there anyway for me to fix this or should i get different memory

I'm also wondering why when I downclock the memory to 266mhz, the timings actually get worse instead of becoming 4-4-4-12.

That would be correct for the modules you have, and the timings should be manually set as well as the Voltage to 1.9 Volts minimum.

That's exactly my point..There is no way to set the timings manually which is why these memory modules shouldn't be recommended for this motherboard. So now I'm stuck with memory that won't run at the proper timings, unless there is a way to mend this

• Corsair Employees
I had this MB a long time ago and it does or it used to have the settings in the Bios, have you checked with ASUS to help you with their Bios setup and or checked section for of the manual? If you have and you still do not see how to change the settings please call our Tech Support at 800-205-7657 and we will do our best to help you.

hmm I've read the Manual to the letter trying to find a setting for the memory timings without finding anything, I updated my BIOS from Asus already but i'll check the site again for anything that might help, and then I'll try Tech support

Yea in both my manual and the online version(they have different covers apparently..) neither mention anything about changing the 5-5-5-15 unless I'm missing something

edit: nvm didnt read far enough =p

k, I found the section where it let you set the timings, man sorry I completely overlooked that section of the manual. I've even looked at that chipset screen and just never read the very first option before exiting it. Thanks a lot for pointing it out and being patient.

Archived