Corsair Community

I thought a 1:1 ratio would be faster?

Bluedog

Setup with an MSI P6N SLI Platinum board using Corsair XMS 6400C4 was under the impression that a 1:1 (667 MHz) ratio would operate faster than a 5:6 (800 MHz) ratio.

Using Everest Ultimate Edition my 1:1 memory reads results at 8865 MB/s while 5:6 reads at 9071 MB/s

Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Setup with an MSI P6N SLI Platinum board using Corsair XMS 6400C4 was under the impression that a 1:1 (667 MHz) ratio would operate faster than a 5:6 (800 MHz) ratio.

Using Everest Ultimate Edition my 1:1 memory reads results at 8865 MB/s while 5:6 reads at 9071 MB/s

Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance

What you've heard about 1:1 giving the best results may not be true with modern Intel processor-based systems running DDR2 memory. You see, Intel DDR2 systems generally give optimal performance with the memory running at one or two speed grades faster than the processor's FSB (note that I'm talking about actual clock speeds, not the effective speed ratings, here). Using this logic, for a 1333FSB processor like yours, you will get better performance if you use DDR2-800 or DDR2-1066 memory than if you use DDR2-667 memory.

Archived