Corsair Community

I think I have bad RAM

I bought a pair of CM2X1024-6400 sticks from dabs.com and ran my computer for about a month (without running memtest as I didnt know about it then) and then it wouldn't load. I took it to a computer shop and they told me one of the RAM sticks was bad. So I got an RMA from dabs.com and they issued a replacement. I've just received the replacement and ran Memtest and it came up with 40 errors before it got to 3% coverage.

Is there a setting or something I have wrong which is causing the errors, or is this RAM bad as well? If there are things I need to change etc, please can you explain in detail, as I am new to this whole computer building stuff and don't know much about the BIOS etc!

If I wanted to get a replacement direct from Corsair, is there a UK address / telephone number for me to contact / send to?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I changed the settings as described except for the Command Rate. I tested the RAM again and am still getting errors.

I don't see anything in the BIOS that says Command Rate. Could this be labelled as some other name? The other options I see are:

Write Recovery Time

DRAM tRFC

DRAM tRRD

Rank write to read delay

Read to write precharge delay

Write to precharge delay

Static read control

Also, at the bottom of the page, you said the maximum DDR2 recommended VDIMM was 2.1Volts. What is VDIMM - I don't see an option for that either.

I've downloaded CPU-Z and its says on the memory tab that I have the following settings:

DDR2 2048MB Dual channel

Frequency - 401.3MHz

FSB:DRAM - 1:2

CAS# Latency - 5 clocks

RAS# to CAS# delay - 5 clocks

RAS# Precharge - 5 clocks

Cycle Time (tras) - 15 clocks

Command Rate - 2T

Is this the correct settings? Should the Cycle time be 12? How do I change it?

Archived