Corsair Community

shipment

I have a bad RAM (part# CMX 512-3200LL / XMS3205v1.2 of a 1GB TWINX-pack). I requested and received a RMA Number (1009053).

So far so good... Now I found out that the shipment (as suggested with UPS or FedEx) from Germany to Fremont/USA costs more than a RAM-module of same specs... :(:

Usually, warranty means that you can return your product with a return-label including the costs for shipment. But no such return-label is present, only a folder with installation instructions...

I bought the RAM at a local, small shop which is actually not on your list of Corsair-authorized resellers and I don't think he was in 2004 when I bought it...

Question:

Do I have warranty?

Is there a way of avoiding those huge shipment-costs?

Thanx in advance.

your reseller probably bought the memory from a licensed distributor (as is the norm), so you're fine. warranty doesn't mean they pay for shipping both ways. You pay shipping to them, and they pay for shipping back. It's rare that a company pays for both ways.

ask your retailer if they can RMA it through their distributor. there's a good chance they can, and there's usually no cost to you when doing that.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

He already has an RMA number.

Archived