Corsair Community

CM2X512A-6400 and TWIN2X2048-6400

Deik

i recently purchased a computer with an Asus M2N SLI 570 Deluxe motherboard, it came with 2 modules of CM2X512A-6400 ram (they are paired). I just purchased a set of TWIN2X2048-6400 ram modules. the computer works fine when i put either set in either channel, but when i put all 4 modules in with the TWIN2X pair in one channel and the CMX2 pair in the other channel, my system crashes before windows finishes booting up. unfortunately i dont know how to check the latency that my motherboard recognizes these modules at, but are they compatable? i plan on using memtest when i get home but what do i do from there?

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org but, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived