Corsair Community

I think I have a bad stick of ram

The other night my machine started rebooting, when it came up I started getting BSODs when windows tried to boot. It then restarted and I got 1 long continuos beep from my motherboard which told me something was wrong with the ram.

I tried taking both out using canned air to clean out the slots and putting them back in, that did not work. I then switched both to different slots and that did not work. I then took 1 of the sticks out and the computer booted to windows fine and I was able to use the computer all night without any problems.

I believe that this stick in my matched pair is bad, how would I go about getting an RMA to replace it?

My machine specs are in my profile, the ram I am using is TWIN2X2048-6400

• Corsair Employees
The PSU you have may not be big enough for the system config you gave, it would need 18-24 Amps minimum on the 12 Volts Rail for the Video card you have listed. I would suggest testing the module in a known working system with the timings and Voltage manually set with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

It ran fine for about 2 months and I have built 2 machines that are Identical to mine. 1 for a friend and 1 for work and neither of them have had any problems yet. I will try testing the stick of ram in one of those machines to see if I get any errors

Archived