Corsair Community

XMS2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4 and ECS P4M800Pro-M(V1.0A)

keithsipa

I have recently decided to upgrade my HTPC unit with the following ram set:

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC5400 DDR2-667

The ram was going into a system that consisted of:

Mobo- ECS P4M800Pro-M(V1.0A)

Proc - P4 506 (2.66Ghz)

Current Ram - 2X512Mb Samsung 3200 DDR2

Video Card - ATI Radeon 9800SE

PS - Vantec Ion2 450W

The system works fine with the configuration above.

Now, when the system is booted with the new Corsair ram, it will not post. I have since underclocked the ram in the bios by setting the speed to 400 and 533, this did not change the pattern of no post.

I have tried the ram in another system with no problems. The system will detect with no problems and seems to run fine. I will run memtest on the system the ram is currently in to check for any internal problems.

Does any have any advice or does anyone know if there is any history of this mobo having problems with this ram?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

2 short beeps and no video. From what I have read:

" Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard. "

I will try and boot at 200 / 266.

CHeers

I know this was an easy one for you in the big scheme of things.

But I just wanted to say that you saved me alot of cursing.

Turned the ram down to 200 and low and behold it boots, then turned it up to 266 and boots again. I will now put it through some stability testing.

Thanks again

Your a life saver, or in the very least a memory savior.

CHeers

Archived