Corsair Community

I need help!!! with striker extreme and dominator 6400C4D

hitman24

Hallo

I just bought and build my pc yesterday. When i put the power cable in I get cpu init but when i turn it on it starts and i can get into the bios and the cpu init disapear and it show the time, at the asus form people say that it is the ddr2:eek: . Know i'm afraid that something will go wrong:o:, may be nothing is wrong or could i better set the voltages. . I have not istalled anything yet, have not installed window vista 32bit yet. RmaGuy what must i do to get it working perfect and at ddr2 800mhz speed and explain it in baby steps please, Im from holland.

Intel Q6600

Asus Striker extreme

corsair dominator twin2x2048 6400C4D(2gb)

Evga 8800gts 640mb

Dvd player & DVD-rw

Coolermaster Real power Pro 850w

thanks

CPU init only appears tell the cpu is initialized once it is it will show the time after. As for the RAM and Motherboad you got i own the same thing and there is problems but they can be fixed. From what i read and from what i know from experince there is a few solutions. One there is a BIOS update for striker extreme motherboads version 1102 which added more memory compadiblity and from what i read that solves the issues with the RAM and other things as well. I will be most likely doing that today and ill let you know how it goes. For now the solution i'm using is setting the RAM voltage to 2.1 volts which being working for me for about 2 months without a single crash or blue screen before i was getting on average 15 blue screens or crashes a day using Windows Vista.

Hallo

I have just installed every thing windows vist 32bit it's working, had no blue screen or freazes but i dont know if its gonna stay like that .

I have bios ver 0901 and i looked at the voltages they were all set auto but what is the dominator twin2x2048-6400C4D standaard voltage what it all ways need.Must i change the voltages.

My voltage are:

memory voltage 1.85v

Nb voltage 1.40v

Sb voltage 1.50v

1.2 HT voltage 1.48

ddr2 termination voltage 0.92v

Installing the OS i had no problems either. It's just when you start to run the OS or play games that need alot of RAM after awhile the system will crash the game or you will get a blue screen of various types. Somedays you may have no problems at all at other times you may have alot. As for your BIOS version i highly recommened you update your BIOS to a better version. Download the Award Bios flash tool from asus website. Once you have the tool install it to a floppy disc and boot off the disc use the tool to save your old BIOS. Then boot the system up make a new floppy disc and put flash utility on there again along with the new BIOS downloaded from Asus website. Then boot from floppy again and flash the BIOS with new version once complete go into the BIOS when computer restarts and load defualt settings. Then try things out see how things works. As for the voltage settings 2.0 to 2.1 max is the correct setting.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Hallo

So far every thing is running fine:D: . I set the memory voltage to 2.1 and I set the timming to 4-4-4-12 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) BUT I haven't updated the bios yet. I've been playing games.... and have not had any freazes or blue screans yet.

Thanks

Archived