Corsair Community

Defective parts after RMA

I recently returned 2 sticks of CMX512-3200C2PT for RMA after they started to act up in my main PC. A few days ago I got my replacement parts. Following the advice for the BIOS setting on these parts I used the following config:

tCL: 2.5

tRCD: 3

tRP: 3

tRAS: 6

Voltage: 2.7

They appear to have died on me already. The bios was hanging on the startup Asus logo (the keyboard was unresponsive so I couldnt hit del to enter the setup) so I cleared the BIOS trying to get the ram settings cleared hoping I could get in. Once this was done the Pc would only black screen during startup with no response. I put in 2 extra sticks from another PC here and I am now typing this message from the Pc in question leading me to believe that the RAM is defective once more.

I assume I need another RMA. My question is about the possibility of the Motherboard being responsible for the dead RAM? Also I assume I follow the same process for the next RMA?

My system setup:

AMD 3500+

2x CMX512-3200C2PT

ASUS A8V Deluxe

Evga Geforce 6800 GT

Soundblaster Audigy 2

• Corsair Employees
Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" And let them know you just got these back from RMA and you are having a problem with them, but if you have a problem again I would suggest calling our tech support at 800-205-7657 so we can try to help you get that solved.

Thanks, I have a new RMA setup, but I do have one more question. What is more likely? Did I more likely get unlucky on some off chance and get 2 bum sticks or could my motherboard perhaps be the cause of these issues? More specifically the settings of the Ram on this motherboard. Is there anyway to test this once I get the new Ram when I set the new sticks to the recommended settings?

Archived