Corsair Community

Asus K8V Memory Question

Geist_Lich

Hi Yesterday i ordered an Asus K8V Mainboard and an Athlon 64 3200 CPU. Knowing that there are a few compatibility issus with the memory on Athlon 64 systems, i considered it a good idea to make a search on this forum, but i did not found what i was looking for. I have currently an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe Mainboard with an Corsair TWINX512-3200LL memory kit and it seems that it should work fine with the Asus K8V as well. It is exact the same memory that is recommend for this board in the Memory Buyers Guide on the Corsair homepage. The problem i have is that my memory is about an year old and its the old revision with slightly faster timings ( 2226 ), but a few kompatibility problems. It uses the Winbond BH-5 chips instead of the Winbond CH-5 chips that are used (as far as i know ) on the new revision Corsair TWINX512-3200LL Rev. 1.2 ( 2326 ) I would be glad if someone using the same memory with the Asus K8V could give me some feedback how it works. I am also interested if Corsair refers to both revisions of this memory in their Memory Buyers Guide or only to the new Version. Thanks in advance Geist_Lich

Archived