Corsair Community

Cm2x1024 - 6400 Bad Module, Please Help

Hi, i have an asus p5b-e with e6600 and coolermaster 600w psu etc, anyway my problem is windows is constantly crashing and the rig doesnt play any games for more than 5 mins the pc restarts or bsod, i ran memtest86+ and failed within 30 seconds so removed 1 stick of ram and it passes and plays games/windows good, i have tried it with both sticks in at stock and oc and also altered timings but all to no avail, pretty sure its a dodgy stick as if i run the other (exact same stick) it runs okay. I am in the uk thought i would double check before asking for rma please.

many thanks

Ryan

please advise what i do now :)

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have,and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts and the tested settings set manually! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure! In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived