Corsair Community

HX520w lasted a week

dmayc

I had recently built a new computer, it was working fine for about a week. One day while I was playing a game the computer just shut off. No warnings just off. I tried to turn it back on, the fans spun and I could hear the harddrive spin for a second then went back off. There was no beeps for startup. I let everything sit for a couple hours tried again and got the same results. I've tried plugging the PSU into another system that's been working fine for years and got the same results. I'd return the HX520 to where I got it but I had sent the mail-in rebate form the day before it died on me. Let me know if there is anything else I should be trying.

Thanks,

Darrell

I got another psu and plugged it into the system I've built and it runs just fine. The system has Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+, 2 x 512 CORSAIR XMS2, EVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB.

Is there anything else I should be trying with this HX520w?

I can't think of anything else to try based on your posts. You can RMA with us directly using the TSX link in my signature below. Keep in mind that it is a holiday weekend so you will not likely get any response until TUE or WED after Memorial Day.

• 3 months later...
About how long does a normal return take? UPS tracking has the HX520w arriving there on 6/18/07. I haven't heard anything back from Corsair since getting the RMA information. 2 months seems a little lengthy to me, but if its normal I won't worry about it. I'm just glad I didn't rely on a quick return.

About how long does a normal return take? UPS tracking has the HX520w arriving there on 6/18/07. I haven't heard anything back from Corsair since getting the RMA information. 2 months seems a little lengthy to me, but if its normal I won't worry about it. I'm just glad I didn't rely on a quick return.

Please post your RMA # here so we can track it. Also, feel free to call customer service and inquire if you want to.

888-222-4346

We are very sorry you had this delay and will get this resolved ASAP.

• Corsair Employees

It should not take that long, please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rma@corsairmemory.com and we will get this resolved.

Archived