Corsair Community

blue screens with cmx1024-3200c2

I just resently got a blue screen error when started windows vista so i went thru trying to fix it thinking it was a software error finally got fed up and wiped my hard drive clean. Then procceded to reinstall vista when I got a blue screen just before it finishes loading all the setup files. So I tried my Windows XP disc just incase my Vista disc had a scratch I didn't see and again blue screen. So I used the memtest that comes on the vista disc and it says the memory is bad. So I changed out the memory with my other computer's and then install windows vista and it goes past the problem area and is running faster even thought it is slow ram and windows vista is back up in running. I put the problematic ram in the other system setup the bios start it up in windows xp and not 2mins of XP running blue screen. need some help here please

Well I have had the memory for about a year and a half and it has been set a its default settings 400FSB dual-channel, 2.5 voltage no overclocking and bios is version 2.0 on the motherboard and the systems wont stay up and running long enough to even open a browser or anything else

• Corsair Employees
You will need to use another system to make the memtest disk Floppy or CD then test the system out of Windows. BUt if you gettiing the same problem with either module that would suggest its not the memory.

Archived