Corsair Community

Asus P5WDG2-WS PRO advice please

Garvin

Ram Guy, I couldn't find this board (Asus P5WDG2-WS PRO) listed in the Memory Configurator. The board's manual lists CMX2X1024-6400C4 as compatible (as well as a 512MB module). I noticed in the customer reviews over at neweeg however that some were matching this board up with 8500 rated Corsairs for some rock solid overclocks. Unfortunately they forget to mention which ones. Soooooo, I was wondering if you'd have any recomendations for dual channel matched kit(s) that would be paired up with an E6600 and an 8800gtx. The RAM voltage options go up to 2.4volts with plenty of tweaking and configuration options in the BIOS ala 1200FSB/ddr2 800 and up a tad. The link to the board:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1289&l1=3&l2=82&l3=0&l4=0

ps: I was wondering if these would work - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. The reason for the board choice is PCI-X slots and hardware RAID controller cards. As far as 2gig modules go, the board supports them but only at 533mHz.

• Corsair Employees
This MB will support these modules, but I have not seen any I975 Chipset do much over 1030 MHz with out over volting the MB and memory. However, it does seem to run tight timings well so you might get them to run Cas 4 at 900 MHz at 2.2 Volts!

Archived