Corsair Community

MiniSD not working

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area, (if I am, please let me know) but I am at my wits end and trying to figure out my next step. I purchased a Corsair MiniSD (2GB) with an SD adapter a little while back, and began using it in my Treo 680 and my HTC Wizard (branded as the Cingular 8125).

After about a week of use in my 8125, I noticed my card was not readable. I have tried reloading the phone (hard reset). I have tried reading the card on my computer. I decided to try to format it, as I figured that would correct the problem. Now when I format the card, my system reports that only approximately 956 MB are available. What gives? I had a coworker try to format the card, just in case the card reader in my laptop was hosed, and he says his system is reporting 300-something MB... I am confused, and frustrated. Is there a program separate from the Windows Disk Management utility that I can use to get my card back? Or do I just need to ship it back to Corsair? Please help.

I am open to any and all suggestions, as I am trying to avoid having to go buy another card.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

BC

One other thing. Not sure if this is helpful at all, but the numbers on the back of the card are:

07030284-0

G02GNMC710053

I'm not sure which I will need if I have to return the card. How do I know which one is the serial number?

BC

• Corsair Employees

With a card reader in Windows please try and format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

format X: /u /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

(X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

With a card reader in Windows please try and format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

format X: /u /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

(X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Okay, tried it, still doesn't work. Here's what I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me>format D: /u /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

Insert new disk for drive D:

and press ENTER when ready...

The type of the file system is FAT32.

Verifying 965M

The specified cluster size is too big for FAT32.

I tried changing up the options (1024, 2048, 4096..... all the way up to 16K) and nothing has worked... It still tells me that the total (usable) size of the SD card is 965MB, even though I know it is 2GB.

And the card is still not recognized by my phone.

Do you know of a third party app I can use to get my card back to working condition? Or do you think I might be out of luck with this one?

Again, I appreciate all the help.

Archived