Corsair Community

P5LD2-VM and TWIN2X2048-5400C4???

Loreseeker

Checked the Corsair Web Site for compatibility. This RAM does not show up if I use the search engine by way of searching for manufacturer motherboard - ASUS P5LD2-VM (compatible list happens to be very short). If however I search under the part # TWIN2X2048-5400C4 and pick the ASUS P5LD2 mobo it says:

"Facts about the selected model

P5LD2-VM with Intel 945G chipset inside is an all-in-one solution for LGA 775 Intel Pentium 4 CPU"

... so.... that seems to say that the P5LD2-VM is the same as the P5LD2 ... and can use the RAM mentioned ... so confused... ;-(.

Any help appreciated - i.e. Can the TWIN2X2048-5400C4 work with the P5LD2-*VM* or not?

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

I have the Asus P5LD2-VM, and bought the Twin 2x2048 5400C4 G. All was working well, then had a hard system crash during Win XP reinstall. The only way I could get the system to boot back up and make it through the XP install was if I removed my Corsair sticks and went with my 2x1024mb sticks. I do a lot of photo and video editing and was looking to boost my systems performance.

Is there anything I can do to get these sticks working for me? What's the max my system can handle? I've installed ram before and built systems from scratch in the past, but this time around I'm having a hard time.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived