Corsair Community

Bad ram?

I purchased 2GB (VS2GBKIT400C3) with 2x1 gb sticks over a year ago. My computer just stopped posting and gave a Memory Module error. I took each of the memory modules out of the motherboard and confirmed that one of them gives the memory error when plugged into either slot and the other module works fine with no error. I am currently running the computer on the 1 module. Can you provide any help getting the 2nd one working? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I sent both of the modules back in and recieved the RMA package on Thursday for both modules. I put the 2 sticks in my computer and it posted fine. I ran memtest86 overnight and when I checked it the next day the computer was frozen. I rebooted the machine and it would no longer posted with a memory error. By removing 1 stick at a time and then putting each 1 back in, I determined that 1 of the modules always causes a memory error posting regardless of which slot I put it in. Help?

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays!

Archived