Corsair Community

Erros in memtest (ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe / Corsair XMS2 DDR800)

After beginning to get errors in windows and having the computer do sudden restarts, I decided to test the memory with memtest86.

Checked the most recent error upon sudden reboot and it was as follows:

"This computer has rebooted from a bugcheck"

Ran memtest on both modules individually (Two 1-GB sticks) and got errors galore. I was told to let it do 3 passes, but 1/4 the way through the first pass, I received 2000+ errors.

What is your recommendation?

After beginning to get errors in windows and having the computer do sudden restarts, I decided to test the memory with memtest86.

Checked the most recent error upon sudden reboot and it was as follows:

"This computer has rebooted from a bugcheck"

Ran memtest on both modules individually (Two 1-GB sticks) and got errors galore. I was told to let it do 3 passes, but 1/4 the way through the first pass, I received 2000+ errors.

What is your take on this? Any suggestions, or should I RMA?

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived