Corsair Community

ASUS P5K Deluxe and 8 Gb (2x TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2 2x2Gb)

arnea

Hi Guys,

I cannot find the new P35 based ASUS P5K Deluxe in your motherboard database, and wonder if you guys have any thoughts on how to run this board with 8 GB of RAM.

I was planning to buy 2x "TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB Kit w/two CL5Dimm's" but not sure anymore if this will work on this motherboard. Any experiences or advice is greatly apreciated.

Feel free to suggest other memory combinations to reach 8 Gb on this motherboard also.

Kind regards,

Arne

Thanks for your quick reply Ram Guy,

Cut & Paste from the mb's manual:

"Due to chipset limitations, this motherboard can only support up to 8 GB on the operating systems listed below. You may install a maximum of 2 GB DIMMs on each slot."

Do you not think this is correct, and can only use 2x 2GB DIMMs on this DDR2 version of this motherboard?

Is this the same for any P35 chipset-based motherboards? I was under the impression these motherboards could handle 8GB, by using 4x2Gb DIMMs.

Kind regards,

Arne

• Corsair Employees

Yes that is correct the information I had was not up to date sorry. There are two versions of the MB to be released.

And we have not tested with 8 Gig of memory so I cannot tell you if there are any issues but I would not suggest more than 4 Gig unless you are using a 64 Bit server O.S.

Archived