Corsair Community

Note: when in doubt, phone calls are your friend

kh_l2k

Just as a note: I sent in a matched pair of sticks for RMA monday of last week, delivered tuesday. I figure that 24 hours + 3-day shipping + extra time on the 24 hours would have the replacement here by yesterday at the absolute latest. Hmmm, no UPS, no communication from the RMA department either. Called customer service (888)222-4346 ext 0 .... "Uh yeah, we're waiting on the second stick". ".... *silence*" "We got one part last tuesday, we're waiting to get the other part before we ship out a replacement. Do you have a tracking number?" "Uh, dude... I sent you the *pair* of sticks from the TwinX kit, just like it says to do... in the same package. As I noted in the RMA request. You already have my RAM, and have had it for more than a week with no word." "Oh, uh.... okay, I'll send you some RAM UPS ground, call back tomorrow for a tracking number".

Yeah, I'll get my RA back, and not too much later hopefully than it should have been, but I strongly get the feeling that had I not called and checked (what the heck do they think i did, send the sticks individually boxed? who does that?) I would never have heard word one from them. If it's been 4 days since your defective parts were delivered, it's in your best interest to call.

Haven't had the time for a long phone call and getting bounced around departments, and likely won't tomorrow either... but it was not in fact shipped thursday like I was told it would be. It's someplace "downstairs, in shipping" now. Sigh, here's hoping that wednesday I either have a tracking number or the time to sit around on the phone and get myself a proper "why".

Archived