Corsair Community

RAM upgrade from 2GB to 3GB

LEO850

I currently have 2GB 3500LL Pro (stock speed/no overclocking) in my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe under Windows XP. After reading alot of opinions about RAM (some say 2GB, some say 3GB, some say 4GB)with Vista, I am considering upgrading my RAM to 3GB when I eventually upgrade to Vista. I am wondering what Corsair RAM will be compatible with my existing 2GB modules and my MOBO. I am trying to find a solution to just purchase an additional 1GB to add to my MOBO instead of purchasing 3GB due to budget constraints. Thank you very much for any advice/info; I am a total novice on issues related to RAM and pretty much most tech stuff :o:

That is unfortunate but I guess I will start saving for 3GB and just sell my current ones on eBay...Do you have a recommendation on current Corsair memory that would perform well for gaming? Also, please advise if I would have to purchase 2 X 1048 and 2 x 512 to get the 3 GB total for my MOBO or if I could have 3 X 1048. Thanks for your quick response to my initial post:)

Thanks for the info; sounds like I should just stick with 2GB if I understand correctly. If there is need to upgrade with more GB in the future then I should keep all the modules the same is that accurate? So, I would go with 2 x of the same matched pairs thus having 4 total modules installed in the memory slots...sorry I am such a NOOB:o:

Archived