Corsair Community

Urgent Help With VS1GB400C3 Modules

Today my PC didn’t boot, not really didn’t boot the issue was that the monitor didn’t detect the video card signal (black screen). So I opened the case and noticed a “C1” motherboard diagnostic error (Two digit post code that shows why the system fail to boot) which means “Detect Memory –Auto detection on DRAM Size”

So I went to my neighbor’s house and It happened there also (no video signal with my modules) So I took his RAM to my house and my PC had video signal again.

Two observations:

1)When I put my modules on my neighbor’s PC the buzzer started to beep.

2)The memory activity indicator LED’s (green/light to red/heavy) was always green with my modules but with my neighbors they were from green/yellow/red…indicating that the memory was “working”

I tried to MemTestit BUT the memory simple doesn’t let me even see the screen.

I worked on a memory module manufacture, so I know the manufacturing process “pretty well”.

I primarly use my PC for my engineering CAD…any urgent help will be appreciated.

Today I troubleshooted them and one of the modules booted.

I Ran MemTest86 (5 times in a row) and it passed without errors.

The other dimm was the problem (IMO) because the computer didint booted when I install it.

I'll be doing the RMA with that DIMM.

Or you recomend me to change both for compatibility issues???

EDIT: I FILLED THE RMA REQUEST AND NOTHING HAPPENED...NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION, NO INDICATIONS THAT YOU RECEIVED THE RMA REQUEST.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived