Corsair Community

BAD memory

I have 2 CMX1024RE-3200 memory sticks and they have been in my system for over a year. About a week ago my system started throwing errors while doing anything and causing read errors on both the CD-ROM's and Sata drives. Bluescreens followed repeatedly. I thought I had bad hard drives so I replaced my 30 gig raptors with 150's and the system would not even load the OS. I still recieved bluescreens and read errors. Out of desperation I removed the memory and reinstalled the original 2 512 sticks. No errors after that. OS installed with out one error. After new OS install I tried to reinstall Corsair memory and was rewarded with new bluescreens right away. I tried reseating them and even using canned air to clean the memory slots. Please let me know what I have to do to get these replaced.

• 2 months later...

I sent the old memory back and I still have not heard anything. Can you find out anything? The RMA number is 1007849. I have heard nothing back after sending it in. I even sent it priority mail and as you can see it was delivered.

Label/Receipt Number: 2300 2730 0000 5233 9423

Your item was delivered at 1:07 PM on June 18, 2007 in FREMONT, CA 94538 to CORSIAR . The item was signed for by L NGUYEN.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived