Corsair Community

Missing 1MB of memory?

KirB

Hello,

I've got memory issue on my Asus Crosshair motherboard. Installed memory Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 in either blue slots as dual channel configuration. In the BIOS it show in the Main screen

Installed memory 2048MB

Usable memory 2047MB

The same size (2047MB) it shows in the POST, so in memtest86+. Where is the missing 1MB of memory?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your answer, I just wanted to be sure that's normal. The whole system seems to be stable.

Some users of the same motherboard confirmed that both memory sizes showed in BIOS are exact the same. Is this possible and common, since they have different revision of the motherboard and types of the memory modules? (compared BIOS versions are identical)

Nope, noone seems to have the same CPU like me (I own AMD FX-62). But does the CPU and other components matter?

And yes, we compared the Bios versions and we all have newest one. I also tried load setup defaults after the Bios upgrade.

Users also reported different (newest) revisions of the motherboard if this could matter.

• Corsair Employees
Nope, noone seems to have the same CPU like me (I own AMD FX-62). But does the CPU and other components matter?

Users also reported different (newest) revisions of the motherboard if this could matter.

Yes that will matter, the memory controller is in the CPU and a newer revision of the MB may have an impact on this issue as well. Did you try your CPU in your friends system with your memory?

No I haven't tried that unfortunately, because there is nobody I know about in my neighbour with the same motherboard. All users I'm talking with on the forum are from different countries.

Anyway, many thanks for your assistance RAM GUY, i really appreciate your patience. You seemd to be right, I just wanted to know there is nothing wrong on my side in configuration or so.

Archived