Corsair Community

Substandard Replacements?

You recently send me 2 replacement modules and they seem to work fine. My RMA # was RMA# R235631.....at least one of the RMA's. I want to get two more of the exact modules you sent me but I dont know the exact part number sent me. Because my original CORSAIR modules failed (one's with lights on the modules) I had to but some budget memory to keep using my computer. There must be a record of the exact model you sent me for replacements. CPUz says that the model number is CM2X512-6400C4. When I look for replacements I can only find CM2X512A-6400C4. It seems that the modules you sent me may be far more inferior than the ones I sent you for replacement. CPUZ also says these modules are only running at 400mhz and not 800. The max bandwith in CPUZ says PC2-6400 (400MHz) I am not current overclocking until I can get a total of 2gigs of MATCHING memory.

I am sorry but that will not be that easy to get for you, it would be best to remove the module and match the part# and revision off off the lable of one of your modules.

It seems that you sent me TWIN2X1024-6400C4. Does the revision # matter?

Archived