Corsair Community

Which is the best Ram for an Asus P4P 800 Deluxe mobo?

Ricardo Rebelo

Greetings everyone! I'm new here and I don't know that much about tech stuff, but I do need help on choosing the best option for my machine.It's a DAW running Cubase and I need to upgrade it's memory to 4 Gb dual channel. Up until now it's been running in single virtual channel so I'm expecting a boost in performance with the upgrade.The options are: twinx2048-3200c2pt and twinx2048-3500llpro. Which one would fit best (without underperforming) with an Asus P4P 800 Deluxe mobo?Would there be any other memory that would work even better than these two? Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, you will not be able to use the entire 4GB of memory in any 32-bit system. The Asus P4P800 series motherboards do not support 64-bit computing at all; the only Socket 478 processors that Intel has ever manufactured are strictly 32-bit CPUs. With any 32-bit system, your maximum amount of usable RAM will be between 2.5GB and 3.2GB, depending on your system's components and any onboard components enabled.

RJLeong65, thanks for your reply!

Yes, I'm aware of that but nonetheless it will certainly make a big difference regarding what I now have: 2,5 Gb in single virtual channel mode. Just switching from single virtual channel to dual channel will have an impact on overall performance, plus the extra memory will let me manage things a bit better.

But the question still stands! All insight is greatly appreciated!

The only DDR1 still in production would be Twinx2048-3200C2 and I would remove the memory you have now.

Thanks! Yes, the memory I have now will be all removed, of course.

But if I could still get my hands on twinx2048-3500llpro, would you recommend these?

Archived