Corsair Community

HX620 and 8800GTX SLI

Flanno

I seem to remember reading a report somewhere where Corsair demoed the HX620 with 2 8800gtx's in sli, using pci-e splitter cables (to get around the fact this psu only has 2 pci-e cables).

What I would like to know is if this psu will be good enough to handle a QX6700 overclocked to 3.3ghz, 2x8800GTX's in SLI at 660/1000, Xi-Fi, 3 sata drives, 2 optical drives, 4 120mm medium output fans.

Also I am going to be running this rig in a Lian Li A10 which can take 2 psu's and even contains the cable to hook them up. Do Corsair recommend against running 2 HX620's and if not will it be neccessary to split the load evenly for the 2nd psu to start. For example, drives, fans and 1 gtx off 1 psu, and cpu and other gtx off the other psu.

thanks

• Corsair Employees

Ram Guy is right, we've tested this and the cables are available if you contact our customer service and ask for them. However, if you have a large number of hard drives, it wouldn't hurt you to use the spot for the 2nd PSU in your case.

One would do for your existing system, but if you want some headroom a 2nd one couldn't hurt you, and man it would look cool in that case. :D

Thanks for the info guys.

I am in Ireland so I assume it's customer service in the UK I ring.

Do I need to provide proof of purchase. Bought the Corsair from an Ebay shop sometime ago and have not even used it yet.

<edit> I just emailed 'customerservice(at)corsairmemory(dot)com' requesting 2 pci-e splitter cables and referenced this thread. I also cut and pasted proof of purchase into the email. Hopefully I will hear something back

by the way, it looks like I will be running 4 hard drives in total, 2 opticals, 2xgtx's, and a sound card and tv tuner card. will try it with a single 620 for now to see how it goes...havn't got the a10 case yet...prooving a bit pricey over here :( </edit>

thanks again

Hi,

I posted a thread over on Power Supplies about running 2x8800GTX's in sli from a 620HX PSU and was advised by Power Guy to contact Customer Care about getting hold of 2 pci-e splitter cables (since the psu only has 2 pci-e cables I will need to splitters). Post #295498 http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=60387

Anyway, I sent an email to 'customerservice(at)corsairmemory(dot)com' requesting these cables, and provided my address details and also details of when I purchased the psu (in Feb. this year). Is this sufficient and do you think you will be able to send me said cables anytime soon ?

thanks

Archived