Corsair Community

6 SATA drives on HX520

sirbrent

I am using the HX520 on an older system which i like to dedicate as a file server on my network. my question is about its ability to provide power to 6 SATA 7200rpm Hard drives. I am pretty confident that the entire system load will be below the maximum (about 420W at full load) the PSU will be in charge of providing power to only the motherboard (AMD 3600+, 2 Sticks DDR2, low-end x16 graphics card), three fans, and the 6 SATA drives. although i think the total power drain is far below 520W will there be any complications? I note i will also need to get some additional SATA modular cables, how can i order these?

i havent seen any store selling an original corsair modular cable for this power supply

but i have heard powerguy that u can order extra modular cables for your power supply thru corsair,

just wait for the reply of ram guy or powerguy here =) im sure they will help you just like me =)

• Corsair Employees
You can just use an adapter cable from the computer store, or you can ask if our customer service has any they can send you, call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" after 8:00 AM Pacific Time tomorrow!

Archived